We had a tie in girls discus for 5th place at a 4 way meet. To my understanding the 1 point for 5th place should be split between the two athletes. Rather than half a point going to each, racetab gave the full point to one of the athletes and nothing to the other. Is this something fixable? a settings problem? or is it a glitch in racetab?

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have them both in 5th place? You sure the tie wasn't broken. If so....... there is a vague recollection of a bug and work around someone reported........ I'd recommend trying it if all else fails. That is (as silly as it sounds) on the setup tab when you put in the points do it like this:  8,6,4,2,1,0. Note I added an extra place for points being awarded with 0. Obviously this would have no impact, but I vaguely recall someone saying that helped a tie scoring issue they had. Worth a shot.

I believe if you go to your setup tab and under scoring and timing add a sixth scorer assigned 0 points, the event will split the points.  For example, setting up the points as 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, will score to six places in the case of ties.  If you have ties to seven places, then another zero, and so on, and so forth.

That did the trick! Thanks!

Jason Byrne said:

You have them both in 5th place? You sure the tie wasn't broken. If so....... there is a vague recollection of a bug and work around someone reported........ I'd recommend trying it if all else fails. That is (as silly as it sounds) on the setup tab when you put in the points do it like this:  8,6,4,2,1,0. Note I added an extra place for points being awarded with 0. Obviously this would have no impact, but I vaguely recall someone saying that helped a tie scoring issue they had. Worth a shot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2018   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service