I have all my teams in.

Over a thousand entires, in events from 100 'to 1500 to high jump to Javelin.

When I seed it seeds them all like they are track events.

I cannot find out how to "seed" a field event-even though I know I don't really have to seed it.

Really all I want is to be able to publish the field score sheet properly.

But our 800 and 1500 are run all together with a waterfall start. It still wants to seed based on lanes and heats. No heats, all together.

I just cannot find the way to seed those events with the heats.

Thanks

JU

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Edit your events.  You will find out that they are all defined as runs instead of field, etc.

I checked and all the events are setup properly.

100 m is a dash

800 m is a run

shot put is a field

They all have heats. Right now three heats-based on our entries.

Even in the seeding process, I cannot change that feature.

I'm not really following what the problem is... RaceTab can seed field events into flights just like it can seed running events into heats. You set the # of positions per flight.

Did you watch the video on seeding?

Yep watch the video. Very helpful.

But regardless of what I do all my field events are being put into heats.

I cannot change that in any setting.

Yes they are checked off as field events.

But the seeding sections stays the same-always asking for number of lanes, how to seed by time etc.

Now this is a meet I create on my own. BC of my situation at a middle school we needed two divisions-junior and senior-that allows our entries to be placed in the proper division.

I know when I create the event :Junior Boys Shot Put-I created it as a field event. But no luck when seeding it.

I'm still not understanding what the problem is. You seed the field event just like you would a running event... instead of lanes and heats... they are put into positions and flights, so that there is an order.

So if you don't want multiple flights, just set it to have enough positions for everyone.

Yep, but right now the program is not allowing me or showing me the "positions" or "flights"

It is only showing heats-no matter what event track or field event.

I'm wondering if I messed something up at the beginning of the meet setup.

I just can't find it.

Lane=Position, Heat=Flight.

I think you're getting too caught up in the wording. It's the same thing.

Maybe I'll check again.

But I think when I try to print the heat sheets or field events, that's where I see the issue.

All the field events are heated. So for us even with a max of 10 in a heat whic the program allows, we still have eight or nine heats for our meet for each of the field events.

Seeding Help

I noticed  when taking first place then time and then seeding the finals It looks like the seeding process is not based on the seed times that was ran in the prelims for lane preference and so on. Right now to me it looks like it is based on first place, even if the first place is slower in second heat. Therefore in first heat the fastest two times were seeded .in slower lane preference order So it took the two first places and compared them and  took the fastest of the two as 1st lane priority then heat 2 first place got the next lane preference even though the times were slower. .

So  I said all that to say this..:)  The settings should be based on advancement, but seeding should be based on time.

Even though in the program it is called heats when seeded. When you print a fild events  score sheet it will have Flight 1 and so on. If this is not happening make sure you are using the newest version of racetab.

John said:

Maybe I'll check again.

But I think when I try to print the heat sheets or field events, that's where I see the issue.

All the field events are heated. So for us even with a max of 10 in a heat whic the program allows, we still have eight or nine heats for our meet for each of the field events.

Can somebody link/direct me where to find the video on seeding?

There are with the previous version of RaceTab 3.053 rather than the upcoming one, but same principle will apply:

Seeding one at a time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjP1udsm9U

Auto-pilot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqRDcfC6BKA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2018   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service