After much anticipation, here is the public beta release of version 4.01 ...

http://files.milesplit.us.s3.amazonaws.com/racetab/racetab-4.01-bet...

Please please test it out and let us know any bugs, thoughts, or ideas. Your feedback is so important. And, as always, it is very easy to rollback to a previous version. So if you have any problems with this beta... have no fear about trying it because you can just install a prior version and then you are back!

The target for the official release of 4.01 is August 14th. And then we will most likely have at least one more official release by early September. We are moving fast here. And we will try to come up with some release notes and some more videos when we do the official release, but no time for that now.

I am going to be out of the office for the next week, so I won't be able to answer your questions quickly. But other folks will be sure to help because we have an awesome community. Cody Branch will also be around and he's part of my RaceTab team. And I'll try to check emails and this forum as much as I can at night.

Once I return from this trip, I'll dive in head first into addressing any of your feedback or bug reports. So PLEASE bring it on! We have had a private beta going on for a few weeks now, but not too much feedback yet. So really need everyone's help on this.

Views: 626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No worries Jason. I taught myself version 3 and it's awesome easy to use etc......

I am going to stick with 3.93 until version 4 is ready and working well for everyone.

Thanks.
Poc
Phil. I am experiencing the same problem still with the pace data. Pace column is there but no pace data. Did your fix?

Philip D Wilder said:

Jason,

Athlete pace:   Though I found it in the Advanced Customize menu for the results report and it formed a column in the report, no times are listed.  

I am aIso required to list if divisions are used (yes/No) and I couldn't find where to report this.  

Will this conform to the new TFRRS standard for reporting results?

Thanks

Phil Wilder

Mine is working.   I'm not sure why or what I did to make it work.   I downloaded the new version 5 or 6 times, uninstalled the old version and downloaded again and finally it started to work.

Pat O'Connor said:

Phil. I am experiencing the same problem still with the pace data. Pace column is there but no pace data. Did your fix?

Philip D Wilder said:

Jason,

Athlete pace:   Though I found it in the Advanced Customize menu for the results report and it formed a column in the report, no times are listed.  

I am aIso required to list if divisions are used (yes/No) and I couldn't find where to report this.  

Will this conform to the new TFRRS standard for reporting results?

Thanks

Phil Wilder

Hey there 

A few more points I have noted.

1. Sign In: When you type in your user name (mine is an email address) it lets me type in everything before the @ symbol and then for some reason goes back to the start.  Cosmetic, but annoying.
  2. Live Results: When you upload via FTP it comes up with an error box, press ok and then it says it is uploaded.  Works but cosmetic.  Assume this will be different under the new release.

Thanks

MH

Thanks, Mark. I am going to disable the verification if you put in an email address (@ sign). I think it was happening when it attempted to verify the user name existed. For security reasons, we can't confirm that an email address exists or not in our system... so it's good for me to disable this check anyway. Hopefully that fixes it.

For the FTP... are you doing custom FTP? What is the error?

We are keeping the old custom FTP option for those who want to use it, but we'll have a brand new Live Results product in the next couple of weeks and will disable our old live results.

I was talking about the Live.MileSplit server. I remember you saying it crashes from time to time and you have to do something to "reset" it.

Awesome that that will be revamped! I like just being able to direct people to Live.MileSplit.com for results.. much easier for people to remember!

I appreciate the help! Can't wait to see the changes keep coming.

Jason Byrne said:

Michael, are you talking about MileSplit's live results or a custom FTP server? I am assuming you're talking about the MileSplit live results.... it's possible that that FTP server has crashed, as it tends to do off and on (it's really annoying).

So in the short term, I can try restarting that for you for your Friday thing.

But we are going to be completely replacing that old live results system with a new one, probably next week. We will be unveiling that once it's ready and the old one will be phased out, except for the Hytek users that use it.

Just had an odd thing happen, The Beta version that I tried on this computer last Friday was working well. Downloaded a version at 2pm est. and installed that.

A meet that work on Friday produced the following when I tried to go to the events window

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString(Object Value)
   at RaceTab.Meet.HeatData_Get(Int32 EventID, Int32 Round, Int32 Heat)
   at RaceTab.frmEvents.SetRoundInfo(Int32 Round, Int32 Heat)
   at RaceTab.frmEvents.SelectEvent(Int32 EventId, Boolean ForceRefresh)
   at RaceTab.frmEvents.LoadEvents()
   at RaceTab.frmEvents.frmEvents_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RaceTab
    Assembly Version: 4.0.1.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/RaceTab.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Alchemy
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.238
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.238
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/Alchemy.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.97.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.97.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
RaceTabResources
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/RaceTabResources.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Web.Extensions
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
GaDotNet.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/GaDotNet.Common.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you please attach the meet database?

I downloaded the update today (weds 8/19) and cannot assign bibs?

you guys are on the ball today... cody reported that to me earlier this afternoon. fixed.

working on some other fixes reported

Hey there Jason

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am working with a custom FTP and it just comes up with a box saying "Error"  I have attached a screen print for your info.

Jason Byrne said:

Thanks, Mark. I am going to disable the verification if you put in an email address (@ sign). I think it was happening when it attempted to verify the user name existed. For security reasons, we can't confirm that an email address exists or not in our system... so it's good for me to disable this check anyway. Hopefully that fixes it.

For the FTP... are you doing custom FTP? What is the error?

We are keeping the old custom FTP option for those who want to use it, but we'll have a brand new Live Results product in the next couple of weeks and will disable our old live results.

Attachments:

Mark, I didn't get a chance to dig very much into it yet. But i didn't immediately find anything that would just say "Error"... so not sure where it's coming from. But my immediate thought is that you have spaces in your directory path. That might potentially be the cause. Maybe try removing the spaces?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2017   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service