After much anticipation, here is the public beta release of version 4.01 ...

http://files.milesplit.us.s3.amazonaws.com/racetab/racetab-4.01-bet...

Please please test it out and let us know any bugs, thoughts, or ideas. Your feedback is so important. And, as always, it is very easy to rollback to a previous version. So if you have any problems with this beta... have no fear about trying it because you can just install a prior version and then you are back!

The target for the official release of 4.01 is August 14th. And then we will most likely have at least one more official release by early September. We are moving fast here. And we will try to come up with some release notes and some more videos when we do the official release, but no time for that now.

I am going to be out of the office for the next week, so I won't be able to answer your questions quickly. But other folks will be sure to help because we have an awesome community. Cody Branch will also be around and he's part of my RaceTab team. And I'll try to check emails and this forum as much as I can at night.

Once I return from this trip, I'll dive in head first into addressing any of your feedback or bug reports. So PLEASE bring it on! We have had a private beta going on for a few weeks now, but not too much feedback yet. So really need everyone's help on this.

Views: 626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I try and publish performance list it never gets

I tried to install and when opening the program an error notice came up. It was similar to the error notice that came up when I tried to install one of the 3.9x versions back in March.

Well done Jason

This is looking great with some nice improvements.  I have noted the following points things:-

1. There is a date reference issue between Windows 10 and Racetab (this is not limited to the new version, but appears to occur for all versions of Racetab.  I posted the error message I received the other day.  As such you cannot open any previous racetab events.  You can create new events as long as you use the wizzard for event set up.

2. When you create an event, previously Racetab gave you an input string for the date and time, now that is not there, it appears if you don't get it exactly right, then it is not happy. This then creates an input error string. 

However if you get it 100% correct it is OK - but then has an error message when you go back to the setup page.  This error does not exist when you open the same file with RaceTab 3.9x

Error Message is as follows:-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RaceTab
Assembly Version: 4.0.1.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/RaceTab.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Alchemy
Assembly Version: 2.2.0.238
Win32 Version: 2.2.0.238
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/Alchemy.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.97.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.97.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
RaceTabResources
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/RaceTabResources.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Web.Extensions
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
GaDotNet.Common
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RaceTab/GaDotNet.Common.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

3. As a result of the above there is an error with reports, it just keeps trying to load without loading anything.  I even tried it through the default wizard setup for events and still the same issue.

If you open the file in Racetab 3.9x then the reports run fine.

If you want to, message me and we could link up through Team Viewer and I can show you whats happening.

Thanks heaps

Mark Harris

When I try and publish performance list it never gets

But, If you go to advanced Customize it will then list the performance list.

Jason,

Athlete pace:   Though I found it in the Advanced Customize menu for the results report and it formed a column in the report, no times are listed.  

I am aIso required to list if divisions are used (yes/No) and I couldn't find where to report this.  

Will this conform to the new TFRRS standard for reporting results?

Thanks

Phil Wilder

Just got back from vacation. So will read through all of these.

Yes, It does conform to new TFRRS cross country standards. When you export the results to TFRRS there is an option to separate by divisions. You will need to set a team's primary division. There is a video on the youtube channel showing how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHZgLZkNnGBLiG3dRI2wbA

Phillip... have the Performance List report issue fixed for the next beta update (coming by end of day today). Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking at the pace column now.

okay. got the pace column fixed for next build 

Many of the "Publish" reports do the same as with the Performance List you fixed and won't publish unless you go to advanced Customize.

Thanks, Phillip, I just published a new release and it should be fixed for all of those reports.

When sorting events to seed I click on Sprint/Hurdles it only shows the hurdle events. Is that on my end or update?

Corbin, can you send me your meet file? I can't replicate this. When I do seeding and choose sprints/hurdles I see both.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2017   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service