How do I designate a runner as a "non-scorer"? For example, we are running a region meet and have a non-region team participating to allow them to run again.  If one of those runners place, how do I alter results so that these runners do not affect scoring?

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have same question!! 

let me know if you get an answer!! or figure it out.

We let all JV runners run with varsity in XC races and the JV designated runners need to be designated a "Non-scorer"  so they don't displace varsity ....

If you "right click" above the athlete column you will see a menu pop-up...you can choose mark as exhibition...maybe not perfect, but a way to do it...

are you talking about right clicking above the athlete column in RACETAB??

or in the download entries part?  or ...  I do not see "exhibition"

Oh ok i found it - in the actual race I have clicked above the athlete column and marked several runners as "exhibition" but it still scores them!!

ideas?

I would suggest trying "unscore" then mark as exhibition then "re-score"  Another option might be to set up your meet in two divisions.

AND NOW IT WORKS!!!!! THANKS MICHAEL!!

Actually I think it worked before but i just glanced at scores and saw a perfect 15 and assumed it didnt work because of that, but since I have only one team in there as a trial run it will always be a perfect 15! duh.

i wonder what will happen when this uploads to Athletic.net ??  what will it do with those "X"s that mark it as exhibition??

also - we will have 42 varsity runners in the race and 100+ JV runners who will be marked "exhibition"  - wish i could find an easier way than clicking 100+ boxes "exhibition" !!!!!

You'd think i could just tell racetab to score one division (all varsity boys are in "Division 1" - all varsity girls in Division 2, all Jv boys in division 3 and jv girls in division 4)  I should be able to tell racetab to score division 1 for the boys race and ignor division 3.  Then in girls race score division 2 and ignore division 4.

Scoring by Division...there might be a way to do that through the advanced report

As far as what it looks like on athletic.net...it generally looks goofy because you run multiple heats of things and it generally doesn't show points next to each athlete.  

I normally "remove calculated scores" when I publish to a.net.  I've noticed when viewing the parse that it doesn't automatically calculate results where judges decisions come into play.  I usually just copy and paste the scores from RT and put those at the top in the post section.

Jeff Kalember said:

also - we will have 42 varsity runners in the race and 100+ JV runners who will be marked "exhibition"  - wish i could find an easier way than clicking 100+ boxes "exhibition" !!!!!

You'd think i could just tell racetab to score one division (all varsity boys are in "Division 1" - all varsity girls in Division 2, all Jv boys in division 3 and jv girls in division 4)  I should be able to tell racetab to score division 1 for the boys race and ignor division 3.  Then in girls race score division 2 and ignore division 4.

You can also set a team as "Whatever HS JV" and mark that team as non-scoring.

where do I mark as "non-scoring" jason?

Also, will this mess up my upload to Athletic.net if i change the team name??

You edit the team and there is an option to mark it as non-scoring.

I have no idea about Athletic.net, nor do I care about Athletic.net to be honest. :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2017   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service