What is the beat external stopwatch. I am a avid user of race tab and love the stopwatch function but I would like to have push button interface . So I was thinking of buying a time machine, sprint 8 or ultrak l10 but I am unsure of which one works best and easiest to use. Any help?

Views: 683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Time Machine is the most widely used system. I'm sure the other systems would work but you would be able to get the most information and help with Time Machine. The only problem with the Time Machine is if it breaks its somewhat expensive to get fixed and is gone for a while.

The Sprint 8 works well, but I"m having a lot of problems in the data transfer and the procedure in the User Guide is not working, and the Sprint 8 people are not being overly helpful. If this data transfer process can get straightened out, I would suggest a Sprint 8.

We use xNoteStopWatch extensively.  It turns the spacebar into a timer.  I have a box that works with a sprint8 plunger so that I can stand up.  Best of all it is "always active" so that I can type bib numbers in racetab while clicking my stopwatch button.

Next if you truly want something external, I would go with none of those most likely.  I would go with an NK Interval 2000xc.  It does not have a tape, but it stores thousands of numbers in multiple events and then downloads easily to your computer.  IT IS WATERPROOF!

http://www.nkhome.com/rowing-paddling/interval-stopwatch/multi-event/

I have several sprint8's and they are durable and reliable.  Time Machines are mainly helpful if you are trying to key in numbers it seems to me.  We can do that in several different software packages, so we don't need that ourselves.

I thought we had Sprint8 figured out a while ago ... I remember working on it with Jason.  I have never actually used it because we love our xNoteStopwatch.

This box you mention that can be used with a sprint 8 plunger and xNote, is it home made or can it be purchased somewhere? In other words, me want, how get?  :)

I sell the box for $90 (unfortunately price just went up on my end due to material costs).  You can map it to the spacebar or to the backslash key.  The former will work with RaceTab's timer (that I think is hardwired to the spacebar) and the latter will work well with xNoteStopWatch that is always in focus and you set your own hot-key for timing.  We are converting to the backslash so that our space bar remains available while timing.

Don, do you use the simple free download for xnotetimer??  I just downloaded it and am playing with it but don't see how it gives me a split for each runner... just a running timer here ...

Don Passenger MichianaTiming.com said:

We use xNoteStopWatch extensively.  It turns the spacebar into a timer.  I have a box that works with a sprint8 plunger so that I can stand up.  Best of all it is "always active" so that I can type bib numbers in racetab while clicking my stopwatch button.

Next if you truly want something external, I would go with none of those most likely.  I would go with an NK Interval 2000xc.  It does not have a tape, but it stores thousands of numbers in multiple events and then downloads easily to your computer.  IT IS WATERPROOF!

http://www.nkhome.com/rowing-paddling/interval-stopwatch/multi-event/

I have several sprint8's and they are durable and reliable.  Time Machines are mainly helpful if you are trying to key in numbers it seems to me.  We can do that in several different software packages, so we don't need that ourselves.

I thought we had Sprint8 figured out a while ago ... I remember working on it with Jason.  I have never actually used it because we love our xNoteStopwatch.

Paid version ... the demo version is limited to a couple of saves.

Jeff Kalember said:

Don, do you use the simple free download for xnotetimer??  I just downloaded it and am playing with it but don't see how it gives me a split for each runner... just a running timer here ...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2017   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service