We host a cross meet for elementary kids in our district. Parent and high school kids help us with registration so their are some data issues I get to clean up after. :)  A couple of things we noticed:

On the add athletes screen:
We normally just use the tab to move to the next field. However if we need to go back and edit the gender field, you can use your mouse to click on the gender field but you are unable to edit it. Try using back space or delete, both do not work. If you try to type an M or F, you get the error beep. Only way we found to edit the gender field is to click on the last name field and then press tab to bring you to the gender field. It then highlights the gender field and you can overwrite what is their by pressing M or F.

On the events screen:
I will be typing in bib numbers and will get the occasional warning message of either "this is male event and entering a female" or "bib number not found". Those warning messages are fine, it is just due to the volunteers either forgetting to input a bib number when adding an athlete or miss typing the gender when editing an athlete. However, when I go to fix the mistake, it will switch the order of bib numbers I already entered on one or a few runners. It seems to happen more often to the first place runner. I then have to go to "edit bibs" to fix it.

Example: 
Say on the 25th runner, I input the bib number and get the warning message. I click "no" to not enter the athlete. I switch to the athlete screen to fix the error. I come back to the events screen to enter the 25th runner. The 25th runner will now work but then I notice my first place runner is now mysteriously 8th place (or some other random spot). I then go to the edit bibs screen to put the first place runner back in the correct order.

Suggestions on what I might be doing incorrect? 

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"On the add athletes screen" ... I am trying to reproduce your error, but I can't. I can click on the gender field and edit it no problem. I can tab to it and edit no problem. I can backspace. I can type M of F. It all works. I don't know what you're experiencing.... maybe you can provide me the database or more details.

"However, when I go to fix the mistake, it will switch the order of bib numbers I already entered on one or a few runners. It seems to happen more often to the first place runner. I then have to go to "edit bibs" to fix it."

Please tell me step by step what you are doing to "fix the mistake". I need to be able to reproduce it to address it. I can go to the events tab and change a bib number and it works fine... changes the athlete and does not switch any positions. If you can give me step by step to reproduce I'll gladly address it.

I see you provided an example, but I did the same thing...

1) Type invalid bib number, click no not to add

2) go to athletes tab and put in athlete with that bib number

3) go back to events tab and type that bib number again

when I do this, the new athlete populates and nothing else changes position

not saying you're making it up, please dont take this wrong... i just need to be able to reproduce it to fix

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Facebook Page

© 2017   Created by Jason Byrne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service